Thursday, November 20, 2014

The Golden Way of Grandeur

There's a road where fall is showing...

I call it the Golden Way of Grandeur. Yes, there's a little bit of "Anne of Green Gables" in me that just has to come out sometimes. :)

 *sigh* Isn't it majestic? Ryan gets to ride past this every day on his way to work.

 The only way to get her to sit for a second for a picture was to give her a leaf ;)

 Why sit still when you could go off and explore?

That seems to be her motto these days. ;)

 But she smiled for a picture with mom!



The leaves are falling fast... but all the better for us to play!

Ryan showed me this place as we've started walking for 30 minutes (with a 10 minute run in the middle for him) right before or after dinner, in an attempt to get him exercise. So when Hadassah didn't fall asleep for her morning nap today, I knew where to go. After 45 minutes and still hearing little noises (the fact that her nigh-night lamb was hanging up to dry instead of ensconced in her arms probably had a lot to do with it... sometimes I just really want a dryer!) I wasn't feeling like doing chores anyway, so I got her up and we headed out in the beautiful 60 degree weather. :) 

Thank You, Lord, for beauty in your creation to enjoy.... 

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Are those ginkgo trees? We have some on our street. -- Donna Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you guys are having beautiful weather there in Shanghai! I'm so glad you're able to get out and about and experience some lovely nature even while living in such a big city - that's something that has always helped me (a country girl at heart) to stay content while living in larger cities. =)

    ReplyDelete