Monday, November 21, 2016

G is for Gumballs and Grasshoppers

I am way behind - we are studying K this week and here I am finally posting about G. ;) But there are so many fun things I want to keep sharing, though it may happen slowly! A water accident on Friday didn't help matters, as we spent the weekend wondering if our laptop had died. But God answers prayer, and all things are working well now - so grateful! Oh - and there's a G word to start us off!

G is for gumball. Funny thing is she has never used a gumball machine or eaten one. But she caught on to the concept quickly (kids seem to have no trouble imagining candy!) and enjoyed filling the numbered gumball machines with pompoms.

G is for God Made Me. We have used this "My First Hymnal" (a gift from my mom) so so many times. I highly recommend it. First it reminded me of children's songs to sing to my new baby, then she got to where she wanted me to sing straight through it whenever we could, and now we focus on one song a week. She doesn't usually sing WITH my for some reason, but often later on I hear her singing the songs as she plays. Nothing like that sweet, young voice singing praise!

G is for God's Great Plan. We start each morning with "couch time" where we review our verse, songs for week, and read books that have the letter of the week in the title. I really enjoy cuddling up with my girl and she really enjoys being read to. This book was also a gift, and is such a good, rhyming explanation of the Gospel for kids.

G is for Garden. For many of the weeks I have a new, educational book. I found good deals on Usborne flap books, and she really enjoys them. This one was no exception. :)

G is for Giggles. She laughed so much as I painted her foot for the craft we were doing (not wanting to waste paint/have the mess of her stepping into a pile of paint). But she didn't ask me to stop!

G is for Grasshopper. This Pinterest idea was one of my favorite animal crafts so far. :)

G is for Game. This little one never passes up an opportunity to play Candy Land!

G is for Green Light! She's always enjoyed Red Light, Green Light but she really really enjoyed it when I made a simple sign to use with it! This one you can see is already crumpled (the baby-meister) so I made another out of felt that has held up much better. :)

Dassah wanted to take turns being "the sign-ner" and Ellie really got in to playing the game too, though I had to hold her hand to make sure she stopped at appropriate times. ;)

We did some play with them going together. But that mostly involved in Ellie just walking and laughing the entire time. ;) Whatever gets us moving inside especially on rainy days, I am a fan of!

G is for Giraffe. I made a simple one out of felt and then told her (as I did some kitchen chore) how many spots to put on it. I changed the numbers a few times, and then told her to put them all on and count them.

G is for Gingerbread - she enjoyed decorating the man with glitter and stickers!

But she even MORE enjoyed making real gingerbread! ;)

G is for "grr." ;) We call these her "bear tracers" and she asks for them at least once a week, sometimes once a day! It's an easy activity that occupies her, and she is getting pretty good drawing shapes as she traces them!

G is for glitter! We used it to decorate her big G, and then traced little gs in the stuff that of course) ended up all over the table. ;)

G is for Garden again. We livened up this book by reading through it and finding the corresponding bug from the garden felt I made for her a while ago. :)

G is for Gymnastics. We practiced some sumersaults and hand stands, and then while I prepped lunch one day I let her watch some random videos of children in a gymnastics class on youtube. She was inspired and went out on the rug to do all kinds of gymnastics. Again, anything to get her moving!

G is for gumballs - This one was a flop for her. Could have been the wrong time of day, but after 3, she didn't want to match any more colors to the gumdrops. Oh well. I think at another time she would have enjoyed it, so there's still the idea if anyone wants it!

G is for Grandparents. Hadassah loves her grandparents so SO much! So I had her draw a picture of her with them, one for each set. Her pictures turned out adorable! I love the detail she gives them. No arms yet, but she carefully gives them hair and ears and sometimes "cheeks." :)

G is for another Game. Her little friend and her were pretty good at memory!

And Red Light, Green Light is more fun with a little buddy your size. :)

G is for Grin. Hadassah kept wanting to give Ellie a turn with the sign too. She had the hugest grin of feeling so very important and she walked towards us waving the sign the whole way. ;)

G is for G crafts. Love the grandparents. The water colors were a time filler while I skyped my sister. :) And the giraffe, yes I colored it. ;) She wanted to trace the letters, but didn't want to color that day. I kept doing some thinking to get her interested, but finally just finished it for the fun of it myself. :)

It was a fun week! Now I am weeks and weeks behind on pictures, of preschool play and just life. But oh well. Better late than never. I enjoy looking back at what we did. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment