Thursday, June 23, 2016

Life around home with little loves

 I love being a mom. It's crazy and exhausting sometimes. I cry sometimes because I can't figure it all out and my baby's not sleeping as I thought she should (though she's done better these last few days thankfully!). But these little girls? I get to spend all day with the cuteness and dress us all in jean skirts and floral shirts by accident and then cuddle up for a picture just because... I'm living my dream.

(and yes, we are working on Hadassah's affectionate choke-hold of Ellie... She does it with goodwill - usually! - but Ellie doesn't always appreciate it!) ;)

 This little miss is officially getting so so grown up. It's hitting me that she'll be three in four months, and I don't know where the time has gone... We went to the "secret garden" (botanical garden on campus) last week, and she was the one to pick out spots to take pictures, and do the posing herself.

 Her "cheese" face gets me every time!


 But as we were still getting over jet lag, the still beauty did us all good...

 Though I do NOT like the wind in the winter, I'm realizing just how wonderful all the winds are in the summer. It's been so hot and humid recently, but often in the late afternoon and evening it's bearable as the breeze blows in....




 And see this? No people. Soon after we came back to China I took Hadassah to campus but she started crying because she wanted to go somewhere without people. I know, little girl. I do too sometimes... But it's hard to find. So this place, just a 10 minute bike ride away, is a solace to both our hearts sometimes. There are people, but it's spread out enough and full of nature, that you have moments of aloneness.

 And it doesn't get much better than a little girl walking among big trees, feeling like an explorer.

 We're also getting to try new crafts, with new supplies bought in America and the heat outside not tempting us out mid-morning. And I have to say, tempura paint is awesome. I tried quite a few "homemade paint" recipes, but they've got nothing on store bough tempura paint!

The pinterest idea was to make flowers with forks, but I love how Hadassah comes up with so much more! She was swirling all the colors by the end and it was so pretty!

 We made "stick people" the other day. She helped pick out the pipe cleaner color for the arms and legs of our family, and drew all of the faces. Somehow in the last month she went from scribbling to actually drawing, and I love how she draws people! I've always thought kid drawings were cute, but it's so just much more amazing when it's your own child and you've seen them go from just eating crayons to actually making understandable drawings! :)

 This little miss is crawling all over the place now. She chased her ball all the way under the jumper and then crawled in after it! It's fun seeing her discover new things, but keeps me more on my toes, especially since she craws the fastest when she's after something Hadassah has. She's just so interested in big sister...

 Hadassah is enjoying dress up more these days, though she seems to find more joy in dressing me up than in dressing herself up. So I end up with huge flowers in my hair and crazy glasses, but who cares? I'm living my dream. And it is such a blessing to be home with them. And we've truly made it a home. In China.

Who knows where this girl will go? At under three she's already crossed the ocean 7 times. We pray much for our Hadassah Faith. She's understanding more about God and people and sin and worship. She wakes up singing often, and the songs she makes up about the Lord are just beautiful. One of them was "Come to me, Jesus. Come to me... I love you! I want to give you a hug!" May that always be the cry of her heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment